Recipes: Soothing Weed Tea and Caramel Pot Popcorn for a Cozy Weekend
Check out these easy directions for a stoned Saturday and slow Sunday.
If you are in the process of choosing what to do over the weekend to release stress and pain, you could do a lot worse than pick marijuana tea accompanied by Caramel Pot-infused popcorn. And you can make the shit yourself. Does that put you in the market for awesome marijuana recipes that make your weekend the most exciting ever? Then read on, player.
Well, marijuana tea is a soothing product that has a high calming effect. It's perfect for dealing with stress and handling body pain. In order to extract the THC, the useful substance in weed, you need to heat a fat, such as butter, along with your tea. To flavor your marijuana tea, consider adding conventional tea leaves to your mix.
Also, don’t drive or engage in serious machinery operations after drinking the pot tea.
You can do marijuana tea three great ways to vary your tastes and effects: Easy Cannabis Tea, Marijuana Chai Latte, and Marijuana Herbal Tea.
You'll need at least an hour to prepare marijuana tea. Allot 30 minutes to preparation; the other half hour will be spent in cooking. It might be a good idea not to use a lot of highly potent weed. Also, don’t drive or engage in serious machinery operations after drinking the pot tea.
So, forewarned and forearmed, how do you go about making marijuana tea? See below.
Recipe 1: Making Easy Marijuana Tea
For this recipe, you will need ½ gram of marijuana buds, ½ teaspoon butter, a tea bag of your own choice of flavor, 1 ½ cups of water, and sugar or honey.
1. Grind the cannabis buds. Separate the seeds and stems and use a grinder to create small particles. Don’t make them powder.
2. Mix ground buds with butter in a bowl. Use a spoon to ensure an even mixture and that each piece is coated in butter fat. However, don't let the buds soak in butter, which may prevent THC release. The butter is only needed to help THC cling on when the ground buds are subjected to high temperatures. Under high heat, the butter soaks up the desired THC from the ground weed buds and primes the psychoactive ingredient for oral ingestion.
3. Empty the tea bag into the weed-butter mixture. Spoon the ground weed into the bag and fold it a number of times to keep the marijuana intact.
4. Using a small pan, heat the water using medium high heat to a point where it simmers but does not boil completely.
5. Simmer the teabag in your water for about 30 minutes. If the mixture begins to boil, reduce the heat. Add a bit of water if the levels get low.
6. Remove from heat and take out the teabag. Allow it to cool for about 5 minutes. If you want to flavor the potion, add an extra teabag of your desired flavor toward the end of the simmering, about the last 3 minutes.
7. Stir in honey or sugar to taste. The effect will be felt between 45 to 60 minutes after consumption.
Recipe 2: Preparing Marijuana Chai Latte
For this marijuana tea, you will need ½ gram marijuana buds, ½ teaspoon of butter, 1 chai tea bag, a cup of milk, ½ cup of water, a teaspoon of vanilla, and 2 teaspoons of sugar.
1. Grind the buds as explained in Recipe 1.
2. Mix ground buds with milk, vanilla, and butter. Blend to a smooth feel.
3. Allow the paste to settle for an hour to enable the flavors to meld.
4. Add water to the paste and simmer for about 30 minutes. Make sure the mixture doesn’t boil. You can add water if the level starts to get low.
5. Remove the heat and introduce the chai tea bag to the mixture. Steep it for about 5 minutes as the tea cools down.
6. Strain your mixture using a fine-mesh sieve over a bowl. If you are okay with the texture, you can forgo sieving. Stir in sugar, and go ahead and take your tea.
Recipe 3: Cooking Marijuana Herbal Tea
Marijuana herbal tea requires ½ gram of marijuana buds, a cup of water, tea bag of any flavor and either sugar or honey.
1. Grind buds as in Recipe 1 above.
2. Empty your tea bag and fill it using cannabis.
3. Place the tea bag in a mug. Next, add a traditional teabag to enhance the flavor—if you want to.
4. Boil a cupful of water. Pour the hot water into your mug. Allow the tea to steep between 3 to 5 minutes. More steeping time makes the flavor strong.
5. Take out the tea bags, stir in honey, sugar, or milk, and then take the tea.
Recipe 4: Caramel Infused Popcorn
Any of the above recipes can be used to prepare marijuana tea with great soothing capabilities. Need a side dish? Try caramel pot-infused popcorn.
What is required?
To make caramel pot-infused popcorn, you will need 2 baking sheets, each lined with foil and greased, a small sauce pan, a cup of light brown sugar, 12 cups of already popped popcorn, ½ cup of CannaButter, ½ tablespoon of salt, ¼ cup of Cannabis Corn Syrup, 2 tablespoons of distilled water, ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract, and ¼ teaspoon of baking soda.
1. Preheat your kitchen oven to about 300 degrees.
2. Spread your popcorn onto prepared baking sheets, then set aside.
3. Mix the CannaButter with Cannabis Corn Syrup, brown sugar, salt and water in a sauce pan and heat using medium-high temperatures.
4. Allow the mixture to heat as you stir constantly for about 10 minutes.
5. After it reaches a boil, take the mixture from the heat source. Stir in vanilla extract and baking soda.
6. Add caramel to cover your popcorn. Gently mix to a point where the kernels are well-coated with the sauce.
7. Bake your popcorn in a preheated oven between 15 and 20 minutes tossing after every 5 minutes.
8. Take the caramel popcorn out of the oven and allow it to cool.
9. Break up the caramel pot-infused popcorn and place it in an sealed container.
10. This process will take approximately 45 minutes.
You can now take your caramel pot-infused popcorn with marijuana tea.